Frequently Asked Questions
What is the FNB Customer Community all about?
This exciting initiative provides valued FNB Customers, like yourself, with the opportunity to voice your opinion and needs about a wide variety of topics pertaining to your Experience of FNB. This web-based platform that provides FNB customers with a safe and secure meeting place to discuss different topics, brainstorm new ideas, post reviews and engage with one another about FNB's products, services and brand.
Who is behind the FNB Customer Community?
Consulta, a business insights consultancy and longstanding partner of FNB, was assigned to manage The FNB Customer Community. The Consulta Community Solution offers brand community architects that establish, develop and maintain brand communities in this social media and online driven time. They gain insights through best-in-class models ensuring engaged customers and employees, helping to turn customers into confidants. Besides the ad hoc, project-based marketing research that Community Solutions facilitates, several large, corporate clients contracted Community Solutions to create their own, uniquely branded proprietary panel communities where they can engage with their specific target markets, i.e. clients employees and teams within their organisations. Consulta’s own community, ConsultaPanel (www.consultapanel.co.za), represents South Africa’s broad, multi-cultural nation with people from every age group, background, ethnicity and income level, that continue to sign up to take part in a variety of survey research initiatives.
Where did you get my information?
So you might be wondering how did we get your information… You could have registered as a FNB Customer Community member on our website, or you could have signed up through the email based recruitment campaign. In this email, we asked whether you would like to become a part of The FNB Customer online research community where you can take part research, and of course you said "Yes". We are registered members of both SAMRA and ESOMAR and follow the strict guidelines of the Consumer Protection Act and Privacy Act.
Will I get paid or earn redeemable points for survey participation?
We like to give out awards and / or eBucks to contributors in our research activities where and when applicable. The FNB Customer Community does not work on a redeemable point’s accrual basis that can be exchanged for tangible or intangible awards. Our approach is one where FNB Customers take part in research because they want to make their opinions heard. If an award is up for grabs, after the data collection for the survey is complete, we compile a list of all people who completed the survey (excluding those who started but did not finish the survey). Thereafter, generally a lucky draw award approach is followed whereby a number of panel members are randomly selected in accordance with the number of vouchers that has been made available for a specific study. Click here to read our full awards policy.
How do I retrieve my forgotten password?
To retrieve your password and login to the Community Portal, please follow the easy steps below:
- Go to https://fnbcommunity.consulta.co.za
- Click on the turquoise “Recover Password” button
- Enter your registered email address (the one you receive surveys on)
- Click submit
- An automated email will now be sent to you containing your username (email) and password
- Go back to the website and enter your login details
- Your Community Portal will now load
- Please let us know should you require any further assistance
How do I change my password?
When logged into the FNB Customer Community Portal:
- Click "Preferences" under "My Profile" on the top left hand side of the screen
- Then click on the “Account” tab in the center of the screen
- Insert your current password and then choose a new password
- Now click the “Save” button
- You will receive an email from The FNB Customer Community Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) notifying you of this password change
Will you be using my personal details for anything besides the FNB Customer Community?
How confidential will my input and feedback be?
Rules relating to posts and groups on the FNB Customer Community:
- South Africa has 11 official languages and unfortunately we are not fluent in all of them. Please stick to the universal business language of English - this allows everyone in our community to be included in the conversation.
- By clicking "Post" on either the activity feed or in any of the groups you confirm that you have checked your post and believe that it is not derogatory, blasphemous, rude or offensive in any way.
- Invite your friends, your family and your frenemies to connect with you, this allows them to receive notifications when you tag them in posts.
- Posts about a specific topic are to be made in the relevant group chats, feel free to use the community activity feed to share your mind about general FNB thoughts, ideas or experiences.
- Members are asked to read the group descriptions before posting.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful to others. Abusive behaviour in any way will not be tolerated.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit and remove any post at any time.
- The groups are for FNB Customer Community members only and any offensive text, images, links, etc. may not be posted within the groups.
- The views expressed on the groups represent the personal views of individual members and do not represent the opinion of the group administrators.
- If you ever have an issue with a post or a person in any of the groups, feel free to contact any of the admins or email us at email@example.com.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
No need to fear... Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org